Our financial assistance options include scholarships, prizes and bursaries to a total value of over $1,400,000. Around 30% of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
Financial assistance is usually in the form of a ’financial aid package’ consisting of a combination of bursary, scholarship support, and in later years, employment. Financial Assistance is awarded on the basis of financial need, academic excellence and / or outstanding ability.
- Field of study: study-area specific, available to students studying medicine, law, mathematics and engineering
- Background: Indigenous and government school applicants
- General: based on financial need
- College employment and tutoring: we also offer tutoring and limited administrative employment opportunities for returning graduate students
Download and complete the Financial Assistance application below. Detailed instructions are included on the second tab of the document.
- Financial Assistance applications for Semester 1, 2019 open on 1 August and close on 30 November.
Late applications will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and are at the discretion of the Master.
All financial assistance applications are treated in the strictest confidence by the College. We understand that many financial assistance applications contain sensitive information relating to people’s personal and financial situations. The information you provide will only be used on a need-to-know basis by relevant senior staff.
Please note that we are unable to consider any application for financial assistance unless all the information is supplied.
Tutoring is an integral part of the collegiate model. Graduate students who are selected as tutors participate in the tutors’ community of practice to discuss and develop their teaching expertise.
Graduate tutors are paid an hourly rate which depends on the kind of tutorials or consultations they conduct. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a tutor at Ormond, please discuss with the Admissions team as part of your application and interview process.