- for undergraduate students new to Ormond, a five day residential experience before the start of first semester to enable students to become part of the diverse and vibrant Ormond community and to gain an understanding of College and University life
- the same academic program that is offered to resident students, including small-group tutorials, breadth programs and academic visitor seminars
- access to the College as a daytime ‘home’ on campus, including a locker for storing belongings
- a study and work base including access to the Academic Centre
The program also includes opportunities to:
- attend and participate in the College’s academic, breadth and other learning programs including lectures, seminars, visiting academic speakers and faculty based discussions
- dine and socialise with other members of the College in Ormond’s historic Dining Hall five times a week (please note: additional meals will be charged at $14 per meal)
- participate in the College’s co-curricular activities including drama, art, and music
- attend some College social activities including ‘smokos’ (parties), the Ormond Ball, movie marathons, Battle of the Bands, trivia nights, etc.
- use the College’s social spaces, Academic Centre, gymnasium and sporting facilities, and have access to a fitness membership with Melbourne University Sport.
The 2022 Non-Resident Fee Schedule outlines fees, charges and payment options for non-resident community members.
All students are required to pay a $300 deposit to secure their place at Ormond for 2022. This deposit will be credited to your first Fee Statement of 2022. This deposit is non-refundable, except in the event that you are: no longer enrolled at the University of Melbourne, or if Ormond College withdraws this offer in accordance with the Agreement with the College. Please note that your place at Ormond for 2022 is not confirmed until all forms and agreements are signed and returned, and the deposit is paid.
If you have any questions about your offer or wish to discuss your personal circumstances in relation to the payment of the deposit, please do not hesitate to contact Admissions Manager Kim Exell via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Step 1 – Apply to Ormond College
Applying is easy – just download and complete the form below and email it to email@example.com
We will then send you an email confirming any supporting documents we need and a link to pay the $75 application fee.
Step 2 – Attend an interview
All applicants to Ormond College are invited to attend an interview, either face-to-face or over Zoom video conferencing – we’ll be in touch to organise this.
Step 3 – Application outcome
You will be advised of the outcome of your application in mid January. All non resident offers will be conditional until VTAC offers are confirmed. Once you send us a copy of your University of Melbourne offer, your Ormond offer will become unconditional.
All offers are made via email so please make sure you check your email regularly.
Applications for Semester 1, 2023 are now open.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office on (03) 9344 1107 or via email.